Subject: MacroForm (mini-review)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 02:32:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 1 Oct 1995, Frank Aalbers wrote:

> Features: It's a tool to make different function using splines as
> "GUIDING" tool . Say like beveling a plane using a spline as guide for
> the smooth bevel .

MacroForm is MUCH more than just the RailToolz...it actually contains 20 
different compiled AREXX macros that will currently only work on the Amiga.

The macros are broken into two sets...

the Productivity Set consists of:
 -KeyMaster - assign macros to any function key or on-screen buttons.
 -Align & Center - "The ultimate Snap-To tool"...position or resize data
                   in different layers according to MANY different 
                   predetermined positions (examples: Align top of layer 1
                   to bottom of layer 2...resize layer 2 fit inside layer 1).
 -Dimensions - Resize data quickly and easily according to metric or english
               measurement systems.
 -Distance & Angles - Select one or two points in a layer and get 
                      feedback with the distance and angle between them.
 -Slice & Dice - excellent subdividing tool...the Julienne macro taken to
                 it's greatest potential.
 -NewBox - Create boxes with beautifully rounded edges quickly and easily.

The purpose of the Productivity Set is to speed up and elliminate much of 
modeling drudgery...these tools are EXTREMELY helpful to anyone who 
models their own objects.  (in other words, everyone!)

the RailToolz Set consists of...

 -RailBend - Bend your object to the shape of a spline curve.
 -RailExtrude(SmartRail) - A deluxe version of the RailExtrude function
                           that will handle curve allignment and other things
                           automatically.
 -RailForm - Change shape of object according to a spline curve.
 -RailLength - Check and change the length of your spline curve.
 -RailMold - Kinda like RailBend.
 -RailOffset - Turn spline into polygons...make floor plans from your
               object outlines.
 -RebuildRail - Make spline curve legal for RailToolz or change the number
                of points in a spline curve.
 -RailRout - Apply a router bit of any shape to your object along a 
             spline curve. 
 -RailScale - Resize your object according to the shape of your spline curve.
 -RailSlice - Slice/subdivide polygons according to the shape of a spline 
              curve...can be used with boolean and drill functions
 -RailStretch - Kinda like RailScale.
 -RailTwist - Twist your object according to the shape of a spline curve.

Also part of the RailToolz Set are the Apply and Reset macros, which make 
many of the RailToolz macros perform in a somewhat interactive fashion...
you can change the shape of your spline curve until you reshape the 
object precisely the way you want it to be.

The coolest thing about the RailToolz set is that many of the tools do 
not change the point order of an object, so it is EXCELLENT for creating 
morph targets....in my review for LightSpeed #4, I took a "simple" box 
with rounded edges/corners and morphed it into a nice bottle shape with 
less than 20 minutes worth of work.  

My descriptions of the abilities of each macro in MacroForm are very basic...
every macro has MANY different options and they all perform in many 
different ways just by changing a few options.

MacroForm is an extremely powerful package that will require many hours 
(days) of practice to truly master it....luckily the manual is so good 
that the process of learning the program is actually easy and fun to do. 

I REALLY like MacroForm...a LOT!  It has truly changed the way I work in 
Modeler and has significantly improved the quality of my objects and the 
kinds of morphs I do.

With a suggested retail of $229.95 it is a real bargain that all Amiga 
LightWave owners should purchase ASAP!

For more info, contact One & Only Media at 908-964-4546....tell 'em I 
sent ya!

                                     -David Warner

P.S.  I don't work for One & Only Media...I just REALLY like their product!

--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]